EFKON STRENGTHENS MARKET LEADING
POSITION IN INDIA WITH 6 CONTRACTS
New projects in past five months worth approx. € 10 million
Continuation of Intelligent Transportation Systems success story in India
Graz, Austria, 23 May 2012 Austrian EFKON Group headquartered in Graz/Raaba, one of the leading companies in intelligent transportation and tolling solutions, has announced that its subsidiary EFKON India has won six prestigious projects in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) of approx. € 10 million in total.
“With these successes EFKON India has further confirmed its leadership position in both market share and technology in the Indian Intelligent Transportation Systems market. The company continues to be the “partner of choice” for concessionaires and customers wanting complex and large scale deployment of ITS systems in India thanks to its technology and team of dedicated experts”, says EFKON India CEO Pushkar Kulkarni.
The following projects were won:
1. Yamuna expressway project
The Jaypee Group awarded EFKON a follow-up contract for a turnkey solution for the Expressway Traffic Management & Speed Enforcement Systems of Yamuna expressway in the South of New Delhi. EFKON is providing a single interface solution for all the sub-systems which enables information capture of all expressway activities and communication to the main and sub control centre across the expressway. This system will also eventually benefit the expressway users, by way of safe and hassle-free travel, with rapid action and support, in case of emergency.
2. Zirakpur Parwanoo project
India’s first project that is compliant with passive RFID technology based on ISO 18006C for electronic toll collection will be provided by EFKON: the complete systems including Radio-frequency identification (RFID) based toll collection system, weigh-in-motion systems and highway traffic management system including video incident detection system on the entire 27 km long section of the national highway 22.
3. Chengapalli Coimbatore project
EFKON will provide its toll management system (TMS) for twelve lanes and a comprehensive highway traffic management system (HTMS) running across the entire 42 km long section of the national highway 47.
4. Indore Gujarat project
For the 161 km long section of national highway 59, EFKON will provide a ply toll collection system including weigh-in-motion system for 28 lanes spread across two plazas and one check-post and the highway traffic management system.
5. Pune-Sholapur road project
EFKON has been selected by Tata Group to provide its comprehensive toll & traffic management system on the Pune-Sholapur road for a joint venture of two infrastructure companies in India in the first toll road builtoperate-
transfer (BOT) project.
6. Automatic Fare Collection Systems in Jaipur City A consortium led by EFKON has been selected by UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited as a solution provider to install automatic fare collection systems as a part of its Common Mobility Card (CMC) program run under the Ministry of Urban Transport. As a first step, EFKON in consortium with other companies will provide a complete Automatic Fare Collection solution to Jaipur City Transport buses covering both cash and smart card based payment mechanisms. The project is being run on a built-operateown-transfer (BOOT) model and with a concession period of five years.